Welcome to the panorama of Art, Culture & Literature!!
Culture plays an important role in the development of a human being. It represents a set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices. Culture and creativity, as diverse as in the state of Goa, symbolizes the plurality of its culture. We at Ravindra Bhavan, Margao (RBM), shape the future of Goan Art and link it to the diverse cultures of the nation and globe. We constantly strive to weave the threads of colorful cultures spread across religions, tribes, places with its unique features within Goa and propel the artists on the international scene.
We provide an arena of opportunity to an emerging artist and foster an appreciation of Art and Culture with an engagement of the audience. This makes us the face of the ‘Other side of Goa’ which is beyond the beaches, rich and vibrant in its culture, art, music, dance literature and folk and depicts the unity in diversity and ethos of Goa within its ecosystem. We organize various cultural programs to create a hub of convergence and interaction of Art. Ravindra Bhavan Margao is lustrous jewel to the cultural crown of Goa, set up under Directorate of Art Culture, Government of Goa in the year 2008 and is spread over a area of 30539 sq.mts. It is constituted as an autonomous body under Societies Registration Act 1860.
Ravindra Bhavan is designed to function in collaboration with national and international Arts institutes and academies and also in partnership with art and entertainment industries to offer courses in performing arts, visual arts, photography, film, television, creative writing, costume, and make-up to various categories.
- An air-conditioned and fully equipped “Pai Tiatrist Joao Agustinho Fernandes Auditorium’ of a full capacity of 1069 seats.
- A conference hall with a capacity of 275 seats.
- Black Box with a capacity of 100 seats.
- The open ground which is used for exhibitions and other outdoor cultural programs.
- A huge Foyer area on the ground floor as well as the first floor at disposal for exhibitions.
- An open-air stage with a seating capacity of around 3000 people.
- A mini auditorium with a seating capacity of 150 people.
- Huge parking capacity of around 150 cars and 400 bikes.
- Office space and a canteen.
Aims, Objectives & Activities
- To co-ordinate the activities of its affiliated bodies functioning in various parts of the Salcete Taluka and the State.
- To encourage exchange of ideas techniques between various parts of Salcete Taluka and surrounding areas in regard to dance, drama, music, literature and fine arts.
- To promote cultural exchange in the field of dance, music, literature and fine arts with other States.
- To co-operate with similar institutions in other States for the furtherance of its objects and for the enrichment of the Indian Culture as a whole.
- To encourage the establishment and development of theatre entries in the State of Goa.
- To award prizes and distinctions and give recognition to individual artists for outstanding achievements in the field of dance, drama, music, literature and fine arts.